Monday, September 14, 2009

The Meditation Hour - Starting the Day Well


Arising early in the morning has never been one of my favorite things to do. But there’s something about the stillness of the early hours that actually helps me through the rest of the day.
I have been meditating for a little over a year now using Bill Harris’ Holosync & Centerpointe Institute. Before using Holosynch I had a hard time allowing myself to fully relax for my meditation period. Using Holosync I can much more quickly and easily move down into a quiet and productive meditative state.
Holosync is based on Dr. Gerald Oster's original research and Centerpointe’s own research and experimentation. They’ve created a very powerful audio technology which is placed inaudibly beneath peaceful music and environmental sounds. Many people call it "instant meditation"—but it's much more than that.
There is extensive research available both on Centerpointe’s website and other unassociated support websites which explains the binaural technology used in the Holosynch program. Harris’ Holosync site also provides a Holosync blog as well as an archived library of research articles, and pod casts you can retrieve from iTunes. It’s all really good stuff, if sometimes a bit overwhelming.
Still, Holosync has helped me think more clearly and navigate further over the bridge in the understanding what this existence is really all about.


No comments:

America's Distorted World View

Jill Bolte Taylor's Powerful Stroke of Insight...

I'm with Fred...

I'm with Fred...

Fred Thompson on the Economy

Esalen ~ Dedicated to manifesting a more humane World